Manager – Healdsburg
Mombo’s Manager Overview
Pizza is our game, and you’re our star player with our unique blend of pizza, music, and sports. Our managers strive to provide an enjoyable environment for our guests and employees. Mombo’s continues to grow, and so does the opportunity for managers to advance their careers. Mombo’s believes in rewarding anyone willing to go above and beyond!
For over 20 years, Mombo’s has believed that customer service is second only to our pizza. Our pizza has won multiple awards as being the best in the North bay. But having delicious food doesn’t stop us from having fun. Every shift is a new adventure and leading a team with high-energy yields fantastic results. Our management team is the key to Mombo’s success.
Responsibilities at Mombo’s
- Excellent guest experience is a must.
- Drive business results by connecting with our guests.
- Develop local community engagement.
- Uphold operational and quality standards as the team role model while holding your team accountable.
- Managers are self-reflective and able to see and resolve problems before they become serious.
- Open communication is key between other managers and employees.
- Be a cheerleader and encourage growth and development.
- Lead while keeping a positive attitude.
- Be a good listener.
- Follow operational standards and procedures for scheduling shifts, quality control checks, and ordering ingredients.
- Hire, train, retain, develop, and encourage your employees to expand in other roles.
- Understand and practice safe food handling procedures and beverage service standards.
Call 707-723-9000 or visit your local Mombo’s Pizza for details about our available career opportunities.
Fred Poulos and Marianna Poulos are the founders of Mombo’s Pizza, a classic East Coast Style pizzeria. They opened the first Mombo’s near Santa Rosa Junior College and the second in Sebastopol. Quickly they became known for the best East Coast Style pizza.
Fred Poulos hired Andrew Peletz, or Drew, as the General Manager of both locations in 2014. Drew brought his fourteen years of restaurant experience and learned the specialized technique of east coast style pizza. In 2019 Drew and Fred started discussing a buyout and in March 2020, Drew purchased Mombo’s.
Drew immediately began to remodel the Santa Rosa restaurant. The Santa Rosa location reopened with a modern updated atmosphere. He added pasta dishes and fried appetizers to the menu, which increased sales. In 2022 the third Mombo’s location opened in Healdsburg with the same decor and menu items as Mombo’s Santa Rosa. Currently, the Sebastopol location is planning a remodel. Plans to open two additional locations within the next few years are in the works.
Perks at Mombo’s
- Free meals
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Gas allowance
- Paid vacation
Mombo’s Pizza is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, or gender.